*Results may vary and are different for each individual. As such, Abbey House Dental cannot guarantee specific results.
9 Abbey Street, Stone, Stafford ST15 8PA
Tel: 01785 818037
Here at Abbey House Dental Sedation and Implant Centre, we pride ourselves on our patients. To us if our patients are happy then so are we. Please do not hesitate to contact one of our team if you have any questions.
When it comes to your mouth’s health, it’s not about how straight or bright your smile is, it’s about decay free teeth and healthy gums.
Plaque is a soft, sticky, bacteria loaded film that forms on teeth and needs to be brushed and flossed away daily. If plaque is not removed then this can lead to tooth decay, gum disease and bad breath.
1. Brush twice daily for two minutes with a fluoride tooth paste – spit excess paste/do not rinse, this leaves a coating of fluoride on the teeth for cavity protection.
2. Floss and interdental brush daily – plaque forms in-between the teeth and a toothbrush alone does not reach in these small spaces.
3. Change your tooth brush or electric brush head at least every three months or sooner. Bacteria is collected on the bristles and bristles wear, which prevents effective plaque removal.
4. Keep sugary food and drinks to meal times only. Plaque + sugar + time = tooth decay.
5. Wash your face after brushing. Plaque is an irritant. By washing, this eliminates irritation to the surrounding skin that plaque may come into contact with when being brushed and flossed away.
6. Visit the Dental Hygienist/ Therapist. If plaque is not removed effectively it hardens. Calculus will not brush off and needs to be removed professionally. Diet advice and oral health instruction is also provided.
7. Visit the Dentist for regular dental examinations. Screening of the soft tissues, teeth and gums are essential.
Healthy gums=Healthy you!