When it comes to your mouth’s health, it’s not about how straight or bright your smile is, it’s about decay free teeth and healthy gums.
Plaque is a soft, sticky, bacteria loaded film that forms on teeth and needs to be brushed and flossed away daily. If plaque is not removed then this can lead to tooth decay, gum disease and bad breath.
1. Brush twice daily for two minutes with a fluoride tooth paste – spit excess paste/do not rinse, this leaves a coating of fluoride on the teeth for cavity protection.
2. Floss and interdental brush daily – plaque forms in-between the teeth and a toothbrush alone does not reach in these small spaces.
3. Change your tooth brush or electric brush head at least every three months or sooner. Bacteria is collected on the bristles and bristles wear, which prevents effective plaque removal.
4. Keep sugary food and drinks to meal times only. Plaque + sugar + time = tooth decay.
5. Wash your face after brushing. Plaque is an irritant. By washing, this eliminates irritation to the surrounding skin that plaque may come into contact with when being brushed and flossed away.
6. Visit the Dental Hygienist/ Therapist. If plaque is not removed effectively it hardens. Calculus will not brush off and needs to be removed professionally. Diet advice and oral health instruction is also provided.
7. Visit the Dentist for regular dental examinations. Screening of the soft tissues, teeth and gums are essential.
Healthy gums=Healthy you!Back to Blog
“Abbey house dental is amazing. The staff are really professional. Milan, my dentist is an up and coming star I'm sure. How many people can…”
“Fantastic dental surgery. I’ve seen two dentists so far, Nicky and Kiri, as well as Elaine the Hygienist, all are really good, caring, patient and…”
“Thank you to all the staff that have looked after me during my dental treatment. Julie who held my hand while I had my sedation…”
“I’m very scared of the dentist so looked specifically for a sedation expert when trying to find a new surgery. The staff at Abbey House…”
“Excellent - attentive, courteous, friendly and a great job done fitting my implant. I highly recommend them.”
Our Invisalign® aligners can fix a large range of teeth position issues, by using a set of clear aligners which are custom made to your teeth and almost invisible.Book an In Person Consultation